ILAC’s international network of members consists of numerous organisations from a diversity of global economies. These members include signatories to the ILAC Mutual Recognition Arrangement (MRA), Associates, Affiliates, Stakeholders and Regional Cooperation Bodies.
- Since the formation of the ILAC MRA in 2000, the number of accreditation bodies worldwide has doubled.
- These accreditation bodies comprise of the ILAC MRA Signatories who are also known as Full Members, as well as Associate and Affiliate members who are working towards achieving their ILAC MRA signatory status.
- On the 31 of January 2001, the ILAC MRA was signed to include both calibration and testing laboratories.
- Recently in October 2012, the ILAC MRA further expanded to incorporate the accreditation of inspection bodies.
- As of 2016, there are currently over 57,000 laboratories and over 8,800 inspection bodies that are accredited by ILAC MRA signatories.